Tips from Streamlined Organising
Latest Tips and Articles:
- What is your Ideal Day?
- Goals – Are they on track?
- Good Posture = Positive Attitude
- What is a VA?
Tips on De-cluttering in business
Firstly, you need to make time to make change. It’s impossible to reduce clutter without doing this:
- Decide on what you want to achieve, what is your goal?
- Draw up an action plan. Planning is the key!
- Do you want to clear out a certain area?
- What will you do with the clutter?
- Who will do it? Team or individual?
Randomly throwing out things is not helpful and does not achieve the goal.
- This might take some time and energy as decisions will have to be made on what to keep and what to throw out.
- Do you really need it? Have you used it in the last 6 months? Can you reprint it or get it again from another source if you do need it “one day”? Do you have more than one copy? Do you need it for compliance or tax reasons? Look at the legal implications of throwing it away.
- Focus on the bigger items first eg: excess furniture, unwanted paintings, filing cabinets.
- Make sure you allow time for cleaning up and disposing of rubbish at the end of the day as you will feel better about what you have achieved if your environment is tidy at day’s end.
- Try taking a moment out to de-brief and congratulate yourself at the end of the day. Pat yourself on the back!
Ok, so you have de-cluttered one space! Great! So what’s next?
Are there more issues such as filing systems that need to be revamped. Issues that take more time? That’s when your professional organiser comes in!
Contact Streamlined for more information and time saving ideas and actions!
Tips on Time Management:
There are 24 hours in a day: It is all about managing that time effectively!
My biggest tip is Plan, Plan, Plan! Planning is the key!
The following is a list of things that you need to remember when effectively managing your time:
- To Do/Task Lists?
- Quick Fix?
- Say No…
- Put it back…
Fear will stop you from finishing or even starting that task. Don’t let fear get in the way of your business and your time management.
If you are worried about a certain task break it down and do the hardest part first. Remember once it is done you won’t have to do it again. Phew!
You could always ask for help too.